Flyer Distribution ProceduresOur District cooperates with noncommercial organizations to distribute certain materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved (please see approval criteria below), your flyer will be e-mailed to all parents at selected schools and posted online. Most paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
1. Visit https://www.peachjar.com/
2. Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
3. If non-profit organization, email proof of non-profit status to firstname.lastname@example.org before uploading your flyer through Peachjar. Your flyer will not be approved for distribution until this is received.
4. Upload your flyer for approval.
Approval Criteria1. First the flier(s) must be verified to meet all established requirements by the office of Communication and Parental Involvement. District staff will approve or deny materials based on the standards and policies approved by the Board of Education. No guarantee of distribution date can or will be given. Peachjar charges a fee for this service to outside agencies.The following organizations and agencies may distribute materials through the District:a) Local park and recreation districts with approval from the district.b) Federal, State and local government entities, including law enforcement agencies and public libraries, that wish to distribute materials necessary to further and/or protect the health, safety, and welfare of students;c) Non-profit and school-connected organizations for the purpose of promoting educational activities or events: For purposes of illustration but not limitation:
a. School-community advisory councils
b. Youth sports organizations
c. Community organizations such as, Boy Scouts, and Girl Scouts, which promote youth activities, citizenship, and have a large percentage of District students participating
d. School-connected organizations including PTA/PTO groups, booster organizations, and charitable foundations
e. Community partners of the District who provide resources, volunteers, and afterschool programs that support educational instruction and enrichment.2. Fliers from organizations which are authorized Supplemental Educational Service providers under federal guidelines and which have been approved by the district.
3. To ensure families receive adequate information, and to minimize questions directed to school staff, fliers must include the following:
A. Fliers must contain this disclaimer:“This is not a Lyford Consolidated Independent School District Sponsored program. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the District or school personnel. The District accepts no liability or responsibility for the program/activity.”
The disclaimer must be on the front of the flier, in a location where it is easy to see, in a minimum of 10 point upper and lower case type.B. The name of the sponsoring organization
C. If the sponsoring organization is nonprofit, under the name put “a nonprofit organization”
D. Date of event
E. Time of event
F. Location of event
G. Program Cost – The flier must describe the full cost for participants, including but not limited to registration, amount required to be raised through fundraising or in lieu of cash payment, equipment purchase or lease.
NOTE: Payment must be made to the government agency of or nonprofit charitable organization sponsoring the activity.
H. Phone Number / Contact Information
I. Athletic leagues must include information about when students will be participating and competing, i.e., “the season is May-June,” or “practices are held after school one day a week and games are held on Saturdays.”
4. Laws/Rules: Text and graphics on fliers mush comply with existing laws, District standards, and school rules. For example, text and graphics on fliers may not denigrate any group; promote violation of school rules; depict drugs; tobacco, alcohol, violence, fighting, intimidation, weapons, gang/cult/affiliation, or inappropriate language; or be sexually suggestive. Activities such as raffles, which are illegal, may not be included on fliers.
5. Advertising: Sponsors may be acknowledged and listed discreetly on the bottom of the fliers in type no larger than 12 point.
6. Use of Facilities: If fliers describe non-school activities held at a Lyford CISD school site, the sponsoring organization must obtain an approved District use facilities before the flier can be distributed.
7. Translation: All flyers must be translated in English and Spanish.