In a world that is rapidly changing and becoming far more digital, it is our responsibility as educators to ensure that our students are prepared to meet these challenges. LCISD is committed to ensuring that all students are able to connect globally and explore different perspectives in learning. LCISD's Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century (TL21) initiative will provide opportunities for students to become critical thinkers, problem solvers, communicators, collaborator, creators and responsible digital citizens.
Goal 1: Professional Learning
Objective: To provide ongoing professional development for all staff members that supports innovative instructional practices.
· All teachers will participate in PLC’s (Professional Learning Communities) to build an electronic library of lessons and resources.
· All teachers will design and deliver curriculum and instruction that includes student centered inquiry based activities through project based learning
Goal 2: Student-Centered Learning
Objective: To become student-centered in all our classes. The HEAT framework will be used to determine the level of higher-order thinking, engagement, authenticity and technology use for all of our Project-Based lessons.
Masters of 21st Century Skills
· Critical Thinkers
· Communicators and Collaborators
· Creators and Innovators
· Technology Fluency
· Digital Citizens
· Life and Career Learners
Goal 3: Technology Infrastructure
Objective: To establish, maintain and update an infrastructure for technology throughout the district and establish a financial plan to continue to support the TL21 initiative.
· All campuses will have wireless internet throughout 100% of the campuses.
· All teachers and students will have mobile devices that include multiple educational features, functions and productivity tools.
· Technology devices will be renewed through flexible financial options.